Sistaco Jewellery should be kept in a safe place at all times and treated with care. Damage from mistreatment or incorrect storage is not the responsibility of Sistaco.
Below are some tips in order to keep your Sistaco pieces in good condition.
- Your jewellery should be Last on, First off
- Seal and store Sistaco in air tight bags to avoid oxidization with the air
- Keep all Sistaco dry and away from water or any sprays (perfume etc)
- Wipe over your Jewellery with a silver polishing cloth after use to keep from oxidization
All silver and gold plating will tarnish over time, but it will happen much faster when it comes into contact with agents such as perfume, salty air, sulphur in the air, skin creams, hairspray, chlorine, sea water, perspiration, medication excreted through the skin, and acidic skin ph. Hot and humid conditions also stimulate tarnish.
The amount of tarnishing (oxidation) that occurs is dependent on the skin and care habits of the wearer.
Tarnishing is therefore not a manufacturing fault.
Storing your Sistaco
Jewellery should be cleaned prior to storage and stored away from natural sunlight and heat, in a protective (lined) jewellery box or a tarnish-resistant pouch.
Jewellery can also be stored in a plastic zip lock bag made of Mylar or polyethylene.
Never use polyvinyl plastic bags, such as bin liners as they contain sulphur compounds, which will make sterling silver tarnish faster.
Do not store your jewellery in the bathroom.
What is the jewellery made from?
Our Jewellery is made from hypoallergenic materials and is Lead and Nickel Safe
What causes Silver plating to tarnish?
When the silver plating meets with the air the result can be tarnish. A few common culprits of excessive tarnishing include perfume, lotion, hairspray, cosmetics, humidity and human contact.
The Sistaco product in many cases is handmade, therefore our 30 day warranty covers manufacturing faults (but does not cover faults due to mistreatment or general wear and tear) where the product will either be replaced or repaired. Sistaco Jewellery is all silver and Gold plated. This plating may wear from general wear and tear and is not a manufacturing fault.
Change of mind
If you wish to return a product because of change of mind.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of the return and what you would like in exchange
- Return the product to Sistaco 1107, 21 Iceboat Terr, Toronto, ON M5V4A9 within 7 days.
- Proof of purchase must be enclosed
- You are responsible for freight costs of the product and to and from our warehouse and must ensure it is returned in perfect condition without damage and with original tags attached
- Only Exchange will be offered to customers
If you wish to return a product due to a believed manufacturing fault
- Please email a photo of the fault with a description to email@example.com
- Sistaco will request this product is returned for repair or replacement. You will require a return number
- If this product was purchased within 30 days you will be offered a replacement credit or refund.
- Sistaco reserves the right to evaluate each situation case by case outside our 30 day warranty period and can refuse replacement, exchange or refund if it is deemed the product does not have a fault cause by manufacture.